Sunday, March 13, 2016

My family's proud history of involvement in many of America's wars.


Lineage of names in the McFaddin-Matthews-Vautrot lines:

  1. "Colonel" Thomas McFaddin: American Revolution (1775-1783 A.D.). "Colonel" Thomas McFaddin, a    
    Revolutionary War soldier, and listed in the volume of "Marion Men." He is called "Colonel," but in fact, the highest rank he ever held was that of Lieutenant; but at one time, he was the adjutant for Francis  Marion, "The Swamp Fox."                                                 He is my great x 6 Grandfather.
  2. Captain John McFaddin was in the War of 1812
  3. John Gamble McFaddin
  4. Thomas James McFaddin was in the Civil War (War for Southern Independence): my triple-great GF
  5. Manton McFaddin (m. Alma Prather); he was my great-great grandfather.
  6. Ellen McFaddin (m. Otis Matthews: my great-grandfather)
  7. Dorothy Mavis Matthews (m. HG Vautrot,SR: my grandfather)
  8. Henry G Vautrot, Jr (m. Barbara Johnson)
  9. Victor J Vautrot, MD
  10. Gabriel Luke Vautrot

 

The following surnames are my 5 relatives that have fought under the Confederate banner:

Gustavus E. Vautrot            2nd Alabama   Artillery     Corporal        Gage’s Battery

Thomas Z. Prather             15th Georgia  Infantry        Private          Delhi Rangers

Thomas J. McFaddin           20th Arkansas Infantry      Private         Hempstead Legion

Josiah &  John Johnson      2nd Louisiana  Cavalry       Privates        Bonds Mounted Partisan Rangers


I have a forefather that fought in World War I: Philip Vautrot.
And, my great uncle, Robert Matthews, is a World War II veteran.

I am unaware of any relatives that participated in the Korean War or Vietnam War.

No comments:

Post a Comment